Friday, December 11, 2015

Catching Up and Winding Down

I have not written in a very long time. I've had a lot happen to me since the last time I wrote on here. If I tried to catch you up I would have to write a book, but long story short, I got a bladder infection and went through a little rough patch and stopped blogging. However, I will say that overall since then, things have pretty great.

For the last two weeks or so I have tried repeatedly to get back into blogging on a regular schedule, but I would always stop about halfway through. I had like seven different half-written blog posts, but I finally have deleted them all and am now writing this one, which I know I'll finish because I have specifically scheduled time for it.

Yesterday at physical therapy I ran into someone and she said that she started reading my blog and that it inspired her to write her own. Hearing that reminded me why I love blogging and why I  should not stop even when it gets tough- I get to share the real me and I get to let people see what my life is like, whether I am having a great time or struggling, and I get to express myself and share my feelings with the world. That's why I am going to try much harder to be more consistent with my blog and write at least once a week and maybe even twice a week if something super interesting happens or if I want to talk about a certain subject. I am thinking maybe my second one would be a great way to tell some stories of what has happened to me in the past too.

Anyway, now that I have explained my absence, I can tell you what has happened in my life recently. Finals week started yesterday and it will end on Wednesday. Everyone around me is freaking out about their finals, but to be completely honest, I am not the least bit stressed out. I'm actually loving finals week because they are giving away a bunch of free food and having tons of activities. Finals week is fun! Maybe my classes are just easy this semester though. Hopefully it is always this easy.

I am excited about winter break and my first semester of college being over. I will miss my friends over the break but I'm also glad I will get to see my other friends and family at home. I will also be extremely happy to have a home-cooked meal and to see the rain. I miss the rain so much. I mean, it's kind of a pain in the ass having to wheel through the rain and puddles because I get SOAKED, so don't get me wrong I love not having to deal with that here in SoCal, but I miss listening to the rain.

To anyone back home reading this, see you and the rain soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment