Monday, September 14, 2015

Kicking Ass and Taking Names (Or Numbers?)

So this post was made a little later than I initially planned- I'M SORRY. This last week was ridiculously challenging, and I'm pretty sure that everything that could have possibly gone wrong went wrong, but personally I think I kicked this last week's ass.

For starters, on Tuesday I managed to lose my ID card somewhere in my room. It must have slid under the bed somewhere that I couldn't reach, because I searched the whole room for HOURS. If not that, then a ghost must have stolen it (according to many students our particular dorm building is haunted because it was built on an old Native American burial ground), because I searched EVERYWHERE. I scraped my hands and my legs and I now have a million bruises everywhere just because I was looking for my ID. 

The issue with not having my ID is that without it I can't get into my dorm or into the dining hall, meaning I had to either find it or buy a new one. To make matters worse, I had to get to class and the bus lift was broken so I was going to have to wait for the next bus which would have made me completely late, so after almost bursting into tears I decided to go back to my room. Thankfully Maria was there so she could open the doors for me. Then after I calmed down I decided to accept defeat and go buy a new ID, which was surprisingly inexpensive. I also bought myself a gyro (they are good for the soul) and then went to my next class. 

Then the next day I spent two hours on the phone with Apple trying to figure out why my computer wouldn't connect to my printer. I have spent approximately a bajillion hours trying to solve my printer problem, and finally the guys at Apple helped me figure it out. If you're out there, thank you Vinnie and Tyler! 

At this point, with all of my major issues solved, things started looking up for the rest of the week. That's when, lo and behold, some guy in my political science class asked me for my number. (Yup, I've still got it!)

Now I just have to talk to Disabled Student Services and solve some other issues I'm having (for example I still have not been given a physical therapist to see, and that is driving me absolutely bonkers because it's boring working out alone) and then hopefully this coming week will be easier! We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment